Special Offerings of PC USA

One Great Hour of Sharing
Collected during Lent

Sharing resources, changing lives

Since 1949 Presbyterians have joined with millions of other Christians through One Great Hour of Sharing to share God’s love with those in need. Your generous gifts assist those affected by natural disasters, provide food to the hungry, and assist in helping to empower the poor and oppressed.

Pentecost Offering Collected at Pentecost
Pentecost Offering website

Giving in gratitude for God’s gift

On this day we join with Christians around the world to celebrate God’s gift of the Holy Spirit to the church.

The Pentecost Offering benefits children at risk, youth, and young adults. 40% of the offering stays with our congregation for ministry with children at risk. The other 60% will support General Assembly advocates for children and provide leadership development for our youth and young adults. The latest volunteer opportunity for young adults aged 19 to 20 is YAV (Young Adult Volunteers) sponsored by General Assembly. For more information, visit https://www.presbyterianmission.org/ministries/yav/yavexperience/

Peacemaking art

Now called Peace and Global Witness Offering

Peacemaking website
Peacemaking Offering Collected on the first Sunday in October, World Communion Sunday

On World Communion Sunday, Christians everywhere take communion together, each in their own way. The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) affirms that nonviolence is both a way of life and a tactical method for followers of Jesus. The Presbyterian Peacemaking Program helps people explore nonviolent living, learn about nonviolent tactics and strategies and identify opportunities for engagement in nonviolent actions. The local church retains 25 percent of this offering. The Mission Committee has decided to send our 25 percent to Domestic Violence Relief at the YWCA, especially since October is Domestic Violence Awareness month in our denomination. The remaining offering is divided between Presbytery/Synod (25 percent) and the Presbyterian Peacemaking Program of the Presbyterian Mission Agency  and Presbyterian World Mission (50 percent).

Disaster relief—CWS Blanket Fund

Church World Service Blanket Fund
For over 60 years, CWS (Church World Service) has worked in partnership with local communities to identify their needs and access the resources they need to build the foundation for a more viable future. You may give through the church on Blanket Sunday, through CWS, or through a link on the Presbyterian Mission Agency website.

christmas joy_offeringChristmas Joy Offering  

Christmas Joy Offering website collected at Christmas

Supporting past, present, and future leaders

Whether providing financial assistance to current and former church workers and their families or providing opportunities for deserving students to attend Presbyterian-related racial ethnic colleges and schools, your generous gifts to the Christmas Joy Offering will bring Good News of Great Joy to the poor in circumstance or spirit.

pda logo

Answering calls for help

Presbyterian Disaster Assistance website Collected as needs arise
Presbyterian Disaster Assistance (PDA) enables Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) congregations and mission partners to witness to the healing love of Christ through caring for communities adversely affected by crisis and catastrophic events. The agency responds to needs both within the US and abroad. Locally, representatives of PDA have been in the state and the county when to help with recovery from tornado damage.